This is your invitation to participate in the 44th Annual Independence Day Parade sponsored by the Kenilworth Civic Association!
Sunday, July 3rd at 6:30 pm
This year’s parade theme is “Star-Spangled Celebration.” Baton Rouge native Sylvia Weatherspoon of WBRZ Channel 2 news will preside as Grand Marshal and Mark and Vicky Tiller will represent Kenilworth as Residents of the Year.
The parade is a special event for Baton Rouge residents, marking the 44th year we celebrate the independence of our country. This parade is one of Louisiana’s largest events celebrating our nation’s independence, with more than 300 participants in fifty-plus units, and several thousand spectators.
The 2016 parade is scheduled for 6:30 pm, Sunday, July 3rd. The parade lasts about an hour and rolls as long as weather conditions permit.
The parade route begins and ends at Kenilworth Science & Technology School on Boone Drive. Parade groups should arrive at the school at 5:30 pm or earlier for set-up and staging.
To offset the cost for required parade insurance, we request a voluntary donation of $50 from each group marching in the parade. Please make your donation check payable to “Kenilworth Civic Association”.
Please mail your check to KCA, P.O. Box 80375, Baton Rouge, LA 70898.
INFORMATION FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS
• Be in place by 5:45 pm or earlier, in the parking lot of the Kenilworth Science & Technology School (7600 Boone Drive)
• Parade officials will be there starting at 4:30 pm to help stage groups at their assigned places in the parking lot. (parade officials will be in flag-themed shirts or red shirts and will have handouts showing where you should set up in the parking lot)
• DO NOT PARK NON-PARADE VEHICLES IN THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT!!
• The parade route is 1.8 miles long. The parade takes about one hour.
• Group placement in the parade is as random as possible.
• While there are water stations along the parade route and at the school parking lot, it's a good idea to bring some water to drink.
• Show your Louisiana spirit: bring beads and trinkets to throw!
• If you have a large float, please have people walking along the float to help with safety. Please make sure we know if you have a large float so you can be staged properly.
• This is an outdoor event and will be held as long as weather conditions permit and do not threaten the safety of participants or spectators. KCA will attempt to communicate status via e-mail and will attempt to update our webpage with information. Unfortunately, we do not have a rain date, so join with us in praying for good weather!
• Be in good taste for this family-oriented event.
• Have fun! God bless America!